Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don't be hurt, I have never been a very good friend.

In Kindergarten, one child in the class got to stay awake during nap time. At the end of nap time, this lucky kid would select the quietest kid in class who would receive a special sticker.

I really wanted one of those stickers, so I made a deal with little Timmy. When it was his turn to be the nap monitor he would select me as the quietest little guy; when my turn arrived I would return the favor and select him for the sticker. I was so happy when I got that sticker!

Then, not too long later, my turn to pick the quietest little kid arrived. I walked around and made sure all the little nappers were quiet. Then, it came time to select the quietest little kiddie. Little Timmy was looking at me in anticipation, knowing that he was going to receive the special sticker.

I picked someone else.

1 comment:

luv-u-buddy said...

Hey pal - I can relate...

When I was in kindergarten, our teacher had a nice, special birthday party chair that birthday students were given the privilege of sitting in all day. I realized early on that my birthday was in the summer and would never get the chance to experience the bliss associated with sitting in the birthday chair. Oh for the so-needed attention! So, come May, right before school ended, I lied about my birthday. I really don't remember whether or not I made it into the birthday chair. Maybe I was reprimanded by the teacher and have blocked out the whole embarrassing episode? Or maybe I made it to the chair and it was the shame of living the lie that I chose to forget?

Do you want to talk about your feelings of betraying Timmy? I'm here for you...