Monday, March 10, 2008

Validation, I caught a fish. Heartbreak, the picture is aweful.

I caught a fish. How long has it been? I don't know, but I finally caught one.

The fish was a good fish. The excitement of the hookset, the fight and the landing was a very unfamiliar and foreign feeling. I don't know how long it had been since I felt this good. The old analogy of 'a kid in a candy store' comes to mind.

I photoed the fish and quickly released it to swim another day.

Then I reviewed the pictures to revel in my accomplishment.

Heartbreak.

2 comments:

Shane The Fish Hunter said...

I really do not appreciate being called an idiot. Before you make accusations you should know the facts. The rod I was using was a 3 wt...too light for what I was fishing. My friend who works with a TFO rep helped me out. I went up to a 4 wt and it is the best flyrod I have ever owned. And you may want to practice taking pictures of the fish you catch. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your comment was out of ignorance. Tight lines...

Unknown said...

This is a photo of bigfoot, true? I think it's really someone's dog.