Thursday, February 28, 2008

I can't do anything right.

I was the first presenter at the flyshop's first fly tying club meeting. I did not realize I was presenting, but when I showed up, a little late, I was introduced as, "Emo, our presenter for the evening."

I did my best to tie both interesting and effective patterns that the other folks hadn't seen before. I think they were happy with the patterns that I tied even if I was less than satisfied and felt things could have gone better.

One thing I learned from this experience is that I tie backwards. You read that right, I tie backwards. I wrap the thread around the hook the wrong way. I have since tried wrapping the thread around the hook the proper way but it feels so awkward.

While I get some satisfaction from being unique in the way I tie flies, I have been feeling really sad that this is yet another thing I am unable to do properly. Why do I have so much trouble with everything? I didn't get much sleep last night.

No comments: